RDMF Parent Info_Season Start
Red Deer Minor Football (RDMF) Season Start Info for Parents
**This information is Subject to Change each year/season as RDMF adapts to changes**
Welcome to Red Deer Minor Football
Receiving this information is your acknowledgement of understanding and compliance with the Codes of Conduct, general guides and Safety items listed below for RDMF.
RDMF runs our sport out of a City of Red Deer (CORD) Facility and fields (We are considered a SPORTS FIELD). ALL CORD by-laws pertaining to safety, use and rental etc. MUST be followed by ALL attending. YOU as parents are responsible to ensure that anyone attending with you or on your behalf understands the information below.
A few items to highlight are:
- NO Smoking or vaping on the grass area INSIDE the entire rectangle where BOTH of our fields and parks are located, or close to our shed/cage areas.
- There is propane stored in these areas.
- The CORD By-law (BYLAW NO. 3345/2005) states:
- “5.35 No person shall Smoke Tobacco or any other weed or substance within ten meters of a Playground, Seasonal Skating Rink, Skate Park, Sports Field, Water Spray Park or Toboggan Hill.”
- PLEASE ensure that anyone you invite or attends with or for you to events/practices or games with RDMF knows of this by-law. You WILL be asked to leave the premises if the by-law is NOT followed.
- Our Cage area will be open/locked before/after each practice and/or gameday.
- Bathrooms are available for use.
- PLEASE do NOT use this area or the bathrooms/outhouses as a CHANGEROOM!
- PLEASE do NOT let children PLAY in these areas!
- Garbage/recycling bins are available.
- NO one should be in the RDMF Shed unless with a manager/coach.
- This shed MUST always remain locked! PLAYERS should NEVER be in this area alone!
- NO sunflower seeds anywhere, at any time while at the Rosedale Sports Filed area.
- This information also pertains to the facilities @ Great Chief Park (Setters Field).
Player Gear and Expectations for Safety
- Make sure player gear including water bottles are labeled.
- It IS EACH PLAYERS responsibility to TAKE CARE of and TAKE HOME ALL of their gear EVERY DAY!
- There will be a lost and found tub - items are thrown away/donated at the end of the season.
- Mouth guards - MUST be always in.
- When players cross the WHITE sideline, they must have it in their mouths.
- This is a SAFETY concern and there are NO EXCEPTIONS!
- IF your player does not have a mouth guard at practice, they will be asked to watch and learn what they can during practice until they get a mouth guard.
- Helmets MUST be worn and buckled properly while on the field unless the coaches ask or allow them to be removed.
- NO extra labels or tape of any kind on helmets - only what is put on by RDMF - NO EXCEPTIONS!
- DO NOT THROW HELMETS!!!
- IF a player is caught throwing the helmet, it can damage the integrity of the helmet.
- PARENTS may be charged for replacement of the helmet (over $350/helmet) if this continues.
- NO hard-shell CUPS are used for football. Refer to your coach for an explanation if you require one.
- Sweat pants or other extra clothing items MUST fit UNDER the regular football gear, unless otherwise instructed by a coach.
- NO HOODIES or anything with strings are allowed to be worn.
- This is a choking hazard on the field.
- Any player found with these items on will be asked to remove themselves from the field until the garment is removed.
- Players should arrive MOSTLY dressed and ready for practice and/or games!
- Bottom dressed is recommended.
- Double check gear bags for ALL items! And do this BEFORE leaving for EACH game!
- PARENTS are responsible for ALL people (including other children) they bring with them to practices and/or games.
- Refer to the information about following the City of Red Deer By-Laws above.
- Not knowing a by-law is NOT an excuse to not follow it when asked to do so, or in the event that a By-Law officer is in attendance monitoring or policing by-laws.
- PLEASE always be responsible for younger/other children.
- They should NOT be out of your sight!
- This includes Rosedale field, Setters Field at Great Chief Park, or any other venue we travel to!
- At Setters Field, any CHILDREN should NOT be PLAYING inside the Main Building/Washroom area WITHOUT SUPERVISION! They should also NEVER be inside the “older locker room building” or playing with the water hoses or fountains!
- Any damages will be charged to the PARENTS!
- Coaches set days/times for practices.
- Typical days/times are Mon-Thursday between 5:30-8pm (this will vary from team to team an may change from week to week depending on a number of factors)
- Watch the APP to make sure times haven’t changed each week.
- Use the RSVP button to let them know of your intentions or availability for practices and games.
- Do NOT comment in the CHAT if your player will be late or give reasoning why he/she won't be there. Coaches do NOT have time to read through all the comments each day.
- IF there is a reason your player will ALWAYS be late, or missing for a certain day/time, then have a conversation with your Team Manager and they will let the coaches know.
- It is important that coaches know IF your player will NOT be available on GAMEDAY!
- Field locations/times may change during the season pending darkness/lights, temperatures or other weather occurrences, smoke etc.
- Cancellations or changes can happen up to 1 hour BEFORE or even later if deemed a safety concern for players (smoke etc).
- We will give you as much notice as we can, but sometimes it may be a late change depending on the situation.
- BE EARLY for practice! Approx. 15-30 mins and ready to go for warm-ups at start time!
- PLEASE don’t be late to pickup (PeeWee ONLY).
- ATOM Parents are asked to remain at the practice or game field for the entire session.
- Coaches may end practice early.
- Weather may end practices early.
- IF you leave your child unattended, let another parent know who can keep an eye out for them in case of injury etc. Or let your managers know. Ensure that your managers have a CURRENT contact # to reach you should they need one!
- YES, practices may run over-time. Coaches will try to stay within their times, but there may be instances where they may go over their time to finish teaching plays or going through information for the next gameday.
- Gamedays are very different between Atom and PeeWee
- PLEASE refer to your Parent Meetings for information on the actual gameday items for each team. Coaches ask different things from each group.
- RDMF asks that NO MATTER where you are playing OR practicing that you REPRESENT RDMF with the utmost respect and that you and anyone that comes to watch and support you do the same!
Team RAMP APP - Chat
- PLEASE ensure you have downloaded and created an account to be added to your players team.
- The email used in your registration and for this APP MUST be the same to receive the invite to join the team.
- RDMF can NOT help you with login/password info issues. You must reach out to RAMP directly. https://www.rampinteractive.com/#contact
- ALL games/practices and Team Events will be added to this APP.
- PLEASE RSVP to let your coaches/managers know if your player will or will not be at a game or practice. PLEASE try to give them as much advance notice as possible as this can affect gameday planning (especially for PeeWee and FIRE Teams)
- DO NOT use this to say that your child will be late 5 minutes or won’t be there - use the RSVP portion of the APP!
- This APP is to be used for information ONLY.
- No airing dirty laundry or complaints.